Faculty/Discipline available for Admission
|Faculty||Subject||Vacant Seats||Type of Admission|
|1||Faculty of Engineering & Technology||Civil Engineering||02||Full Time/Part Time|
|Computer Sciences / Information Technology||04||Full Time/Part Time|
|Electrical Engineering||03||Full Time/Part Time|
|2||Faculty of Management Studies||-||16||Full Time/Part Time|
|3||Faculty of Pharmacy||-||12||Full Time/Part Time|
|4||Faculty of Computer Applications||-||05||Full Time/Part Time|
|5||Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities||Economics||01||Part Time|
|Commerce||01||Full Time/Part Time|
|6||Faculty of Science||Chemistry||02||Full Time/Part Time|
|Biotechnology||02||Full Time/Part Time|
|Mathematics||02||Full Time/Part Time|
|Physics||03||Full Time/Part Time|
|Microbiology||01||Full Time/Part Time|
Category of Scholar
1) Regular (Full Time) Scholars
Registered student who wish to pursue full time work for their Ph. D. may be permitted to work in the Center/Department/Institution of University on full time basis. Full-time candidates will sign the attendance register maintained in the concerned Institution. Full time Research scholar shall be eligible for the scheme of Research Associateship Scheme of Ganpat University.
For detail regarding Research Associateship please Click here.
2) Part Time Scholars
A scholar who wish to pursue Ph.D. on Part time basis shall have to produce No Objection Certificate from his/her employer or his/her undertaking shows that he/she has sufficient time for research.
3) Part Time (Independent) Scholars
With the prior permission of the University on recommendation of the Doctoral Committee of concerned faculty, if a scholar fulfilling the eligibility condition stated in Ph. D. Regulation and having at least 10 years of teaching/research/professional experience with at least 05 publications in referred journals may consider for pursuing his Ph. D. programme independently. A scholar having registered once under a guide shall not be permitted to submit his thesis independently.
JOUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP (JRF) / SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP (SRF)
To provide research support to bright young candidates for pursuing full time advanced studies and research leading to Ph.D. Degree in the field of Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy, Management, Computer Applications, Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Architecture Design & Planning, Law etc.
To attract highly qualified and motivated candidates to pursue full time doctoral degree and offer themselves for teaching position in the concerned faculty of Ganpat University.
A candidate who is registered for the full time Ph. D. degree at Ganpat University.
Applicants only in the notified areas and faculty by the University shall be eligible.
The candidate should not be engaged in any part-time or full time employment of any nature during the entire tenure of Fellowship.
The tenure of the JRF shall be initially for a period of 24 months based on satisfactory progress review at every 6 months by Research Advisory Committee based on Research Performance i.e. Publication in Journal/Conference, Sponsored Research Project from any agency etc.
The Tenure of SRF shall be for a period of 12 months commencing from satisfactorily completion of the JRF.
Extension of 12 months shall be permitted under special circumstances as may be specified with the approval of Director General.
- Nature of Assistance available under the Scheme
For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) – Rs 40,000/- p.m. (25,000/- Research Fund and 15,000/- Stipend) shall be granted by the Institute as per the terms and conditions.
For Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) – Rs 45,000/- p.m.(30,000/- Research Fund and 15,000/- Stipend) shall be granted by the Institute as per the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy.
- Procedure for Monitoring the Progress of the Candidate
The PhD Scholars who are recipients of the Fellowship under this Scheme (hereinafter referred to as Doctoral Fellow) shall be absolutely governed by the PhD Regulations of the University for All Matters including presentation of periodic Progress Reports like any other PhD Scholars in the matter of accountability and adherence to the instruction of the guiding Supervisor/s. The Executive Dean of concerned faculty and Research Supervisor shall oversee the Scholar for performance and research progress including for administrative compliances of the requirements specified.
The Doctoral Fellow is expected to publish at least one research paper per year in a peer- reviewed journal, which is indexed in Scopus, web of science etc. during JRF.
There shall be at least one research paper per year or one Patent during the tenure of SRF.
GANPAT UNIVERSITY RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP (GNURS)
Ganpat University offers Research Scholarship Scheme for Admission in Ph. D. programs for Gold Medallist Scholars from Institutes of National Importance i.e. IITs/NITs/IIITs etc. in view to encourage meritorious students for opting Research as carrier. For detail Click here.
- Applications are invited for admission in Ph. D. Programme.
- The interested candidate has to apply online.
- Guideline for online application:
- Register and Login to online application link : Click here
- Enter the relevant correct data.
- Upload scan copy (Good readable quality) of marksheets/certificate (Marksheets of final semester of Under graduate and Post graduate Degree and Degree certificate of Post graduate Program)
- Students who are not completed the Post Graduate Degree has to upload scan copy of (i) Degree certificate of Bachelor Program (ii) Marksheet of Final Semester of Bachelor Program and (iii) Marksheer of Pre-Final Semester of Post Graduate Program.
- Upload Cast Certificate/ Gold Medal Certificate/ Valid Scorecard of GATE/GPAT/NET/SLAT, if applicable.
- Pay Ph.D. Entrance Exam fee Rs. 3000/- Online
- Submit the Application.
- Print the duly filled Application form.
- The print of duly filled Application form along with prescribed documents and evidence of online payment of Rs. 3000/- is to be sent to:
The Executive Registrar
Mehsana Gozariya Highway. Dist – Mehsana, Gujarat.
- The last date for application is 30.04.2020
Eligibility for application
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A candidate who wishes to pursue inter-disciplinary research shall also be considered.
- If there is an applicant with;
- B. Tech/B.E./B.Sc. Engg. or equivalent having a minimum 60% marks (55% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) and having evidence of published research with a minimum FIVE years of professional experience after obtaining his/he Bachelor’s degree, the Director General on the recommendation of the Doctoral Committee may be considered for admission to the Ph. D. programme.
- List of Eligible candidates for Entrance Test will be displayed on website of Ganpat University.
- Eligible candidates have to appear in Entrance Test conducted by the University. The Syllabus for Entrance Test is available on University website.
- Date of Entrance Test : 14.06.2020, 10:30 a.m. (Online)
- Duration of Entrance Test : 2 Hours
- Reporting Time for Entrance Test : (Online) 15 min before commencing the Entrance Test.
- The format of question paper:
- Section A: Research Methodology : It is to evaluate the understanding of the candidates about research Methodology and it’s tools. It is based on Research Methodology components comprising of 50 multiple choice questions each of 1 mark.
- Section-B: Subject Specific : It is to evaluate candidates’ understanding of core subject knowledge in which s/he wish to pursue the Ph. D. It has Two Parts;
- Part - I : It shall be of 25 marks of multiple choice questions and each question carries equal weightage.
- Part - II :It shall be of 25 marks with Five descriptive type of questions and each question carries equal weightage.
- Candidates with minimum 50% marks score in Entrance Test will be eligible for Personal Interview.
- Relaxation of 5% Marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be given for SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layers) Differently able category. (Proof of Category is essential)
- Applicant who has qualified and with prescribed validity in UGC-NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE/GPAT/Teacher fellowship holder) the additional 5% marks shall be given in Entrance Test. (Proof is essential)
- The detailed schedule of Personal Interview will be placed on Ganpat University website after declaration of Entrance Test result.
- Based on the performance in Entrance test and Personal Interview and availability of Recognised Research Supervisor (Guides) at Ganpat University, list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on Ganpat University website.
- Candidates who are in Final Semester of Post Graduate program and applied for Ph. D. Admission; the result of such Candidates will be declared on submission of Final Semester Marksheet of Post Graduate Program before 30.06.2020 and found eligible as per UGC Guideline.
- On payment of Requisite Fee, the candidate shall be admitted to the Ph. D. Program.
Ph.D. Fee Structure
Click Here to view the Ph.D. Fee Structure
Last date of Online Applications : 30.04.2020
Date of Entrance Test (Online): 14.06.2020 10:30am to 12:30pm
Declaration of Result of Entrance Test/List of Eligible candidates for Personal Interview : 18.06.2020
Personal Interview of Eligible Candidate (Online): Last week of June 2020
Declaration of list of eligible Candidates for Provisional Admission: First week of July 2020
Last Date for Payment of requisite Fees: 21.07.2020
Commencement of Term: 01.07.2020
Commencement of Course Work: 01.08.2020
Sample Question Paper
PhD Recognized Guides
Click Here : Faculty of Engineering & Technology
Click Here : Faculty of Management Studies
Click Here : Faculty of Pharmacy
Click Here : Faculty of Computer Application
Click Here : Faculty of Science
Click Here : Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities
Any query related to Ph. D. admissions
Note: All the announcement will be made on website only. Candidates are requested to refer the website www.ganpatuniversity.ac.in frequently for updates. No Postal correspondence will be made by University.